We are starting to phase back into face to face consulting.
Please be patient as we follow the government guidelines on social distancing and spacial density to ensure we can continue to deliver the high standard of care you expect for your pet from NVC AS WELL as keeping everyone safe.
- Upon arrival, call reception on 52215333 from your car.
- Our staff will direct you to meet us under the blue tent in the front yard, in the carport at Audreys (123 West Fyans street) or at reception.
- If you are booked for a face to face consultation (request this at the time of booking), you will be invited into the building. We are required by law to check your temperature and request you wear a mask at all times.
- At the end of the consultation, we will ask that you pay over the phone or we can bring the mobile eftpos machine to you in the front garden
- Your pet will be handed back to you and you can safely head home knowing that together we have done our part to help reduce community transmission of COVID 19 AND kept our promise to care for your pets like they are our own.
- For collection of client orders. You can either pre pay prior to collection, or pay at the time of collection at our walk up window.
We appreciate your understanding and assistance in helping the community stay as safe as possible. Our additional social distancing measures are below:
- Please do not shake hands or make any intentional body contact with a member of our team or other clients.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 2m from other people. Only one adult should attend the practice to drop off your pet to minimise the number of people within our front garden area.
- Please do not enter our practice if you have a fever, are coughing or have other symptoms of COVID-19
- Please do not enter our practice if you have been directed to be in a period of self-isolation from our Department of Health.
- Please use hand sanitiser provided as soon as you arrive and after handling our check-in devices.
- Please follow all directions from our reception and clinical staff regarding protections measures to reduce viral transmission.
- Patient visits are not permitted during the COVID-19 outbreak. We will update you each day on the progress of your pet’s recovery.
- If you are unwell and your pet is sick, call us so we can arrange to see your pet whilst ensuring everyone stays safe. Telemedicine consultations will be available soon.
- Thank you very much for your attention to these important guidelines.
STAY SAFE AND STAY HEALTHY. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER